Brooklyn Music School (BMS) announces Early Childhood Music and Movement Education Classes for ages infant through 4-years-old beginning in September 2018, with several 12-week course offerings. All classes take place at the Brooklyn Music School, 126 Saint Felix Street, Brooklyn, NY. All classes are taught by highly trained and qualified instructors. Registration starts at $15/class and is available at https://www.brooklynmusicschool.org/early-childhood-music/
Music is compelling for young children and is highly beneficial for their mental and social development. BMS Early Music employs cutting-edge techniques in early music education to encourage social and cognitive development, while focusing on building language, visual, physical, and aural skills.
The BMS Early Childhood Music curriculum combines proprietary approaches to early music education with the best of early education methodologies and has developed learning benchmarks that reflect consultation with NYC-Blueprint for the Arts.
BMS's Early Childhood Music curriculum emphasizes experiential learning - singing, moving, creating, seeing, hearing, touching - in an effort to encourage an empirical connection with music at an early age that will manifest in lifelong development. BMS believes their curricular mission is best accomplished through concerted efforts between parents and professional music educators, as well as constant reflection upon our value for the creative process.
BMS Early Childhood Music lessons develop word, color, and letter recognition to enhance early interpretation of everyday life through:
• Music Making: through exploration, replication, and observation, students can develop their unique voice in music and how it can impact their everyday lives.
• Music Literacy: developing a working knowledge of music language and applying this knowledge to performance, analyzing, and creating music.
• Making Connections: exposure to common themes and principles of music through historical, social, and cultural contexts.
• Community and Cultural Resources: students can broaden their perspective by working with professional artists and having regular exposure to different musical mediums, creating a fertile ground for students' music learning and creativity.
• Careers and Lifelong Learning: students carry physical, social, and cognitive skills learned in music, and an ability to appreciate and enjoy participating in music throughout their lives.
For more information, visit http://www.brooklynmusicschool.org