Theater Resources Unlimited (TRU) announces a one-on-one networking event with commercial and indie producers, Writer-Producer Speed Date on July 15, 2018 with coaching sessions at 4:30pm and 5:30pm at Studios 353, 353 W 48th St, NYC. For more information, visit https://truonline.org/events/speed-date-07-18/. Application extended to July 5, 2018. Application must be accepted before purchasing tickets. Tickets are available for purchase for accepted applicants on July 7, 2018. Tickets are $75 for TRU Members; $85 for non-members, $25 per additional collaborator. Tickets may be purchased at https://truonline.org/events/speed-date-07-18/.
You meet a producer at a party and have two minutes to interest him in your work. Do you have the skill to sell yourself? Here's a chance to practice your pitching with real producers who are open to and looking for new work. Okay, they probably won't option you on the spot, but you'll meet them and have the opportunity to start developing a relationship. And that's what this business is all about. Relationships.
Confirmed producers include:
• Margot Astrachan, producer (A Gentleman's Guide..., Ghost the musical, Around the World in 80 Days, Nice Work If You Can Get It, On a Clear Day...);
• Patrick Blake, producer (The 39 Steps, Bedlam Theatre's Hamlet/St. Joan, My Life Is a Musical, Play Dead, The Exonerated);
• William Franzblau, producer (Rocktopia, TONY Nominated Best Play Say Goodnight Gracie, American Buffalo and Wonderland on Broadway, the tour of Little House on the Prairie the Musical; off-Broadway This One's for the Girls, Sistas, Jewtopia, Evil Dead the Musical, Illuminate);
• RK Greene, producer (Peter & the Starcatcher, Cougar, Room Service);
• Cooper Jordan, Producer of Live Entertainment for New York, Atlantic City and Northeast Touring Productions (The Rat Pack Undead, Dex! a killer musical);
• Cody Lassen, producer (Indecent, Significant Other, The Band's Visit);
• Lawrence D. Poster/Asparagus Entertainment, producer (Rags, Forbidden Broadway Comes Out Swinging, Fingers and Toes);
• Markus Potter - producing artistic director NewYorkRep, producer (The Velocity of Autumn, Stalking the Bogeyman);
• Shela Xoregos, artistic director of Xoregos Performing Company;
• Ken Waissman, producer (original Grease, Torch Song Trilogy, Over Here!,Agnes of God);
• Frank Zuback, producer (Taking Leave, American Soldier, Roof of the World)