PAUSE/PLAY invites attendees to hit the pause button in their busy lives and experience all that the Downtown Community has to offer. All are welcome in the community, Jewish or not, to join for a day of relaxation and renewal. From family yoga and story time to whiskey tastings and open swim, PAUSE/PLAY events feature activities for the whole family. PAUSE/PLAY will also feature a Community Passport that families can decorate each month and bring to each event for access to monthly raffles for deals to 14Y programs and other great prizes.
Highlights of the upcoming PAUSE/PLAY season:
• The mainstages will be joining for December's PAUSE/PLAY, with partner NCDC, for the Hanukkah party at the end of the afternoon. The day will also feature Bling Your Own Dreidel, as well as Dan Friedman from The Forward, who will lead a whiskey tasting with conversation.
• January will feature inflatables and games, family boxing, and a Disco Dance Party.
• February will feature family Zumba, PJ Play!, and partnerships with local synagogues like Town & Village.
• March will have a Spring Carnival and PJ Play!
• Each month, you can spend time with local rabbi's at "Rabbi's on the Rocks" and this year, we are partnering with the In[heir]itance Project to engage in community art projects and workshops in preparation for a festival of plays (inspired by the book of Genesis) coming to the theater in May.
• This year, PAUSE/PLAY is having a "Community Passport" that families can decorate each month and bring to each event. The more it is filled out, families can enter into monthly raffles for deals to 14Y programs or other great community prizes.
PAUSE/PLAY is open to all ages in this diverse downtown community.
Y Members: Free; Non-Members Advance Tickets: Children ($5), Adults ($10), Family Ticket (Up to 5 members $35); Day of Tickets: Children ($10), Adults ($15), Family Ticket (Up to 5 members $45).
Hanukkah Celebration (Festival of Lights)
December 2, 2017 2-6PM
Reimagine the holidays with us as we host an interactive day featuring a show for little ones with PJ Play! Join us for our annual Hanukkah party featuring the always-delicious jelly-filled donuts and always-classic Bling Your Own Dreidel! You can also enjoy Family Swim, yoga, and games!
Family Fit Day
January 6, 2018 2-6PM
Jump in to our Family Fit Day! Everyone's favorite bounce house will be set up all afternoon in the Gym, with Family Swim and yoga for all ages downstairs. End the day with a Disco Dance Party - the grooviest way to burn off those holiday calories!
Tu B'shvat (Going Green)
February 3, 2018 2-6PM
Celebrate the "Birthday for Trees" with the 14Y! Together we will grow our understanding and awareness of the world around us through art, games, PJ Play! and other fun activities. There will be wine tasting for adults and endless activities for the kids!
March 17, 2018 2-6PM
Our PAUSE/PLAY season wraps up with our fantastic Spring Carnival! We'll have balloons, face-painting, tasty treats, and all your favorite activities including PJ Play! and family fitness classes.
PAUSE/PLAY is free for 14th Street Y members, but reservations are recommended. To become a member of the 14th Street Y, visit http://www.14streety.org/membership/join-membership-benefits.
PAUSE/PLAY is generously funded by the UJA Federation of New York, the Covenant Foundation, and the Harold Grinspoon Foundation.
The In[heir]itance Project is a devised theater program which is bringing to life the stories of Genesis in May.
About the 14th Street Y
The 14th Street Y's philosophy is grounded in the belief that contemporary Jewish sensibilities can be a source of inspiration, connection and learning. No matter what your background, we aim to inspire you to live your best life. We're committed to the development of the whole person, to strengthening family connections and to building inclusive and sustainable communities. The 14
th Street Y serves more than 20,000 people annually with a variety of community programs and is proud to be a part of Educational Alliance, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization with a 128-year history of serving New Yorkers downtown.
Full Season Tickets and detailed information on shows available at: www.14streety.org/tickets.